Sunday, January 28, 2007

Madam Fu's in South Park Meadows Shopping Center, Austin TX

I had seen a sign for this place "Madam Fu's Asian House" that just opened in the South Park Meadows shopping center here in South Austin. I figured I would give it a try. I rolled in and ordered a beef with garlic sauce bowl, a chicken garlic sauce bowl, lo mein for Josh and 2 hot and sour soups. I was amazed when the bill came out to be $40. I have eat Chinese food all over Austin. I have never paid more than $40 for lunch. There were no lunch specials at all. The meals were $8 and the soup was over $3. I was told by the lady at the register that the food was good with large portions. I paid and sat down.

I was brought the food about 7 minutes later. The hot and sour soup was spicy and was good. The veggies were fresh and and the garlic sauce was flavorful. I did not think the portions were large at all. I have had better food at Food Shui in NW Austin or The China Bowl in NW Austin. I will not be going back to this place. If I wanted to spend over $40 on lunch I should have gone to Johnny Carinos or some good steak place. The food was fresh and flavorful but not earth shattering.

If you are considering checking this place out, I'd skip it. You would be better off going someplace else.

No comments: