Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dont waste your time with Mr. Appliance


My $1300 Whirlpool washer died on me finally. I was stupid and did not buy the extended warranty for it. I cant still buy it but they want me to wait 60 days before I can have a service call. I can be with out a washer for 60 days. I came back home from a trip overseas for work and had about 8 loads of laundry I had to do. Laundry at a 24 hour landromat is no fun. Especially when you are the only one that speaks english.

Before I left I called Mr. Appliance to fix my washer. I had called another guy out from a place in San Marcos who told me that to get my washer to work was to tap the top of it like the Fonz. It worked untl the tapping on top did not work any more. The guy from Mr. Appliance came out twice. The first time to replace the door lock mechanism. He was 100% sure that is what the problem was. Of course, I told him it was not the issue and he found out he should have listened to me. He called Whirlpool and they told him it was the wiring harness. He brings out a Wiring harness and was going to charge me $300 for the whole job. I was out of town when he came out and had a friend of mine meet them at my house. The guy was supposed to come out that Tuesday and did not show up to Friday. The wiring harness did not fix the problem and he proceeds to charge my friend $69. I called the Monday I got back and told them that the guy never fixed anything and he owed me $69. I was supposed to get a call back Tuesday and never did. I was told that the tech was going to stay on hold with Whirlpool until he could find out what was going on. I called Wednesday because I had not heard back from the tech. I was told that the tech was going to call me directly and I have yet to hear back from him.

If you plan to call Mr. Appliance to fix your Appliances, DO NOT. They do not stand behind their work or service. If I do not hear back from the tech within the next 24 to 48 hours, I am going to get the Better Business Bureau involved as well as the Attorney General because of their business practices. I will know better the next time my washer dies on me. I am soo close to treking on down to the local Conn's get a new Washer and get 36 months minimum payments no interest.

No comments: