Friday, October 12, 2007

Hot Dogs at Exxon?


I am at Exxon the other day getting a drink. I usually will grab something healthy like a granola bar to eat in addition to my drink. The big joke I normally use when my son can not decide what he wants to eat is, "I'll buy you hot dogs at Exxon. They are 2 for a $1." There was this well dressed lady in the Exxon and she was making chili cheese hot dogs. She sat in front of that chili and cheese dispenser for about 10 minutes making sure she got all the extra cheese and chili should could put on the thing. You would have thought it was her last meal.

I have eaten hot dogs at Exxon. They are not bad. It is a quick and inexpensive lunch or dinner while you are on the road or going from one place to another and need to put something in your stomach. It just amazes me how people just to try to get everything they can from that $.99 hot dog. The condiments are free, but do not just sit there for over 10 minutes to make sure you get a ton of cheese and chili that comes from a dispenser that squirts out by pressing a button. It is not nice, fat , juicy steak. It is a hot dog that is 2 for $.99, get it, put your chili and cheese and go. That is why they call it, "Grab and go" not "Grab and engorge yourself".

No comments: