Friday, March 14, 2008

What is going on in my neighborhood?


I am driving home the other day and see this guy on an ATV driving around on the streets. This is not the first time I have seen the guy driving his ATV in the streets. I laugh and shake my head. I go up to Kerrville for the weekend and go to the Tractor Supply store just to see what the have. I get on an ATV and see a warning label that plainly states, "NEVER USE ON PUBLIC ROADS".

First of all, I live in a neighborhood that has parks, pools, has an HOA that regulates how/when we cut our grass, etc. I am amazed they would even allow someone to own an ATV in our neighborhood, nevertheless drive it around the streets like a crazy person. I have enough problems with the clueless young girl who drives her electric scooter in my alleyway wearing a batters' helmet who ended up rear ending me a few days after she got her scooter. She still drives that thing like a banshee through the alleyway like a bat out of hell. I have seen her almost have to jump off because cars are driving down the alleyway to go park in their driveway.

I am wondering what the heck is going on with my neighborhood? Are people so clueless they do not have the common sense to not drive their ATVs around my neighborhood like a bunch of rednecks living in a trailer park? To the moron who has no clue driving around the neighborhood like a redneck who lives in a trailer park, we live in a nice community. Please stop being a moron, and get a clue. It might not be a good idea for you to ride your ATV on the streets of the neighborhood. Apparently you did not take the time to read the warning lable on your ATV, nor pay attention to the traffic laws of the city and the state and realize you can not drive that thing on city streets either.

No comments: