Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sams Club to buy tires

So I just got my car out of the shop and its like 3 days later. I am driving to work and I got a flat. The front driver side tire shreded at the sidewall. I pulled over, changed the tire and headed back to work. I called around looking for the best possible tire deal. Sam's had the best deal on tires, so I called to make sure they could get my car in and out without it being too busy. They told me it would be after 1pm, so I took it to them after 1pm.

I get there at 1pm and there is a guy behind the counter who has NO clue what he is doing. I wait for almost 20 minutes for him to assist me. When it is my turn, I tell him I need tires for my car and he rings me up. He tells me it will be about 45 minutes and they will page me when I am done. I cruise around Sam's Club, checking out stuff I can buy, sit in the massage chair, go visit the Vision center about new glasses, swing by to get a drink and a pretzel. An hour and a half passes by and I roll over to the tire place to check to see if my car is ready. It is not in the garage, so I go to the counter to ask about it. There is the Loss Prevention Manager and this moron who cant figure out what he is doing refunding money to this guy who apparently they screwed up his tire purchase a few weeks ago. I noticed a Honda key just sitting there next to the computer. About 20 minutes passes and he looks down, "What the heck is this?" I respond, "If its a Honda key it is probably mine." He looks for my paper work and then gives me my key. No "Thank You" no NOTHING. I was like "Can I get a receipt?" Its in the car sir!" Now Mr. Moron has to raise his voice to me like I am the dumbass. I grabbed my key and walked out. The tires were on and my car drives great. The spare tire had been on it. Did they bother to put it in the trunk where it was? NO. It was just laid in the truck. I should have threw it through their window like that old Discount Tire commercial.

I am starting to realize that maybe Sam's Club isnt the best place for tires. I should have gone to Discount Tire or even NTB. They all price match and I sure they would have given me installation as cheap as Sams Club. Personally, I think Walmart makes it a habit of hiring morons so they can get some sort of Goverment deal on taxes because this is not the first time I had a run in with a moron at Walmart or Sam's, nor will it be my last.


Note to Sam's Club: Start giving intelligence tests before you hire stupid people. That would weed out much of the bad employees you have giving "wonderful" customer service.

No comments: