Thursday, August 03, 2006

Use your freaking turn signals!

The 57 percent of American drivers who say they don't use their turn signals for changing lanes.
In a survey commissioned by Response Insurance, these were the reasons given:

· 42 percent said they don't have time.
· 23 percent said they are too lazy.
· 17 percent said they don't because they forget to turn it off.
· 12 percent said they change lanes to frequently to bother.
· 11 percent said it's not important.
· 8 percent said they don't because others don't.
· 7 percent said not doing it adds to excitement.

The survey also found 62 percent of men leave the turn signal alone when changing lanes; the number was 53 percent for women. Seventy-one percent of drivers ages 18-24 don't signal, but 51 percent of those 55 to 64 do.



I can assure you on my way to work and my way home I see countless people who drift into lanes, will cut through 3 lanes of traffic without staying in each lane for 3 seconds and do not use their turn signals. I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Turn Signals are NOT a factory option". I just wish people would be courteous enough to let people know you are going to change lanes instead of just jetting over with no warning and having me slam on my breaks because you are being impatient.

1 comment:

txwylde said...

Believe it or not I researched it.. God I love the internet. :)