Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ran into an old friend


So I the other day I run into an old friend of mine that I had met when I was working at another job. She and I had never met but she used to call me all the time. Our schedules never could mesh to where we could meet. We lost touch and I never heard from her again. Over 2 years later, I get an email from this same girl. She happens to work at my work. We start talking again and apparently her whole attitude has changed. She is not the sweet woman she once was. I suggest we meet up since we are finally in the same place at work and she tells me she is not going to talk to me or meet up with me unless I start sending flowers to her at work. (Apparently she is this type of woman that likes the attention she gets when something gets delivered and all the co-workers want to know who its from, etc.) So basically I come right out and ask her, "So you wont talk to me or meet me or get to know me unless I start sending stuff to work" Isnt that a little materialistic?" She response (and I quote), "Yeah. I am a Bitch now and if you do not give me anything then I want nothing to do with you."

Excuse me, but WTF? Here I am happy to run into an old friend and she is trying to act like a gold digger to see what kind of crap I will send her to her work. I dont mind the whole flower sending or bringing flowers to someone, but at least let me get to know you first. I had asked her on more than one occasion to allow me to get reacquianted with her again before we start the whole sending flowers to work business. She refused that. I guess it is all well and good that I found out early on that she had issues before it came out later on.

No comments: