Thursday, November 15, 2007

CompUSA - Not a computer superstore.


I just ordered a Pioneer Inno portable XM radio. I have a car kit for my Delphi unit but the units are not interchangeable. The regular price is $80 for the kit. I checked my local stores like Target, Walmart, Best Buy Circuit City and CompUSA. CompUSA had it for $29.98 but you could not get it delivered. I called my local CompUSA to see if they could order it store to store and I could pick it up. The lady who answered the phone could barely speak english. She tells me she could not order it; but, I could call the store directly. I checked online and there was a store in Madison, WI that says there are In Stock. The other stores they list says limited quantities. I call the Madison, WI store and once again the lady who answered the phone could hardly speak english. If you have someone that has problems with the english language, why put them on the phone to deal with customers? I am sure that just adds to the frustration. This lady tells me that this Car Kit I am looking for is is not in stock. When I explain their website shows they have them in stock, she tells me that they do have 3 of them. I then ask if I can order one and she tells me I could speak to the manager to see if he will let me order the item.

First of all, this is NOT the first time I have had this issue where the website says they have an item in stock and they either have none or tell me the website is incorrect. One guy told me, "Yeah, we have one, but it is probably on a pallet somewhere in the back." This guy made no effort to go find this unit. Secondly, Walmart and Autozone allows me to order items from other stores and they will send them to my store within 24 to 48 hours. CompUSA should also follow suit. I am amazed that the lady wanted me to talk to the store manager to order a $29.99 car kit. I am sure the store manager has better things to do than talk to me about a car kit.

I will end up probably going to Fry's to buy a car kit, or just suck it up and buy one at Circuit City for $80. I am going to store going to CompUSA for anything. They seriously need to change the way they do business or they might end up losing even more customers. If your shopping trip includes CompUSA, skip them. You should goto Best Buy or Circuit City.

No comments: