Sunday, December 30, 2007

My neighbor's kid got a electric scooter for Christmas.


I have been off for a week during Christmas. I am very thankful that I work for a company that believes in giving their employees time off for family. Christmas day I get up to take the trash out and my neighbor down the street kids both have electric scooters and they are zipping up and down the back alleyway.

I was working on my car to fix a steering problem. I was test driving it and pulled out of my driveway. I put the car in drive when I hear, "WAP!" The neighbor's kid has rear ended me with her scooter. I immediately jump out to make sure she is ok. She is fine as is her scooter. She is a little freaked out. Her dad comes down with drink in hand to make sure she is ok. She is and she drives off.

First of all if you your kid is accident prone, why would get them a scooter to where they are going to hurt themselves? My kid wants a motorcycle; but, you do not see me bringing one home. It kinda reminds me of the line, "You might be a redneck..." The dad is drinking and is buzzed drunk. He is like "Hey baby, just keep riding that thing. If you hit something, it will stop you. You do not need brakes with that thing." I am glad to see my neighbor was smart enough to have his daughter wearing a helmet. Secondly, these kids should not be driving motorized scooters on city streets. If you are going to have your kid drive a motorized scooter, take them to a large parking lot so they can no nuts. I wish parents would think a little more before buying their kids Christmas presents that could hurt them if they are not careful or accident prone.

No comments: