Saturday, June 21, 2008

My car got broken into

My car got broken into the other night but a few young punk kids. They stole my portable XM radio out of my car. They did not take anything else. They were stupid and cut the wires to the antenna and iPod plug that was not plugged into anything as well as a microphone for my Bluetooth Stereo that runs through my radio. What is funny is that the back fell off the of the unit. If they try to sell it, I will know it is mine because it is missing a back. I called XM and they disabled the radio and marked it as stolen so it could not be used. The also snagged my work badge but then tossed it in the grass when they realized they were not going to be able to do anything with it.

You would think with the satellite technologies, they would be able to pin point these thieves and led the cops to their door. I did end up getting a newer XM unit from XM which came with a car kit I happen to have my old XM radio that I was going to go back to. I always tend to look at things on the bright side like my mother does. The good thing that came out of all this is that it brought my neighbors behind me closer together.

No comments: