Saturday, April 05, 2008

Shopping to trip to Big Lots.


I took a trip up to Big Lots because I needed some "canned" air to clean out a keyboard for work and the Walmart was too far for me to drive to. I ran into Big Lots closet to my work where I normally buy snacks, batteries, cleaner, etc. There is one lady who is working on the first register that doubles as the returns desk. She tells one lady that got in her line that she was doing returns only, which was a total lie. She immediately called up one of the other ladies to come open her register. She then proceeds to give her grief because she was not making announcements over the intercom. I had to laugh to myself because I used to work for HEB and Albertsons and they wanted us to do announcements at least twice an hour. I had jokingly said to the checker about her announcements, "Like you do not have enough hours in the day to include announcements." She laughed and rang me up. The lady being rung up at the first register with her Married with Children Marcy D'arcy hairstyle decides she is going to walk out with her bags in hand. Instead of pushing the cart to the front to move it out of the way, she squeezes by it to walk out. In doing so, she blocks the exit for the rest of the customers. I grab the basket and push it to the front.

I am amazed at how some people do not think about others while shopping. Life is entirely too short for us to be rude and inconsiderate. Why try to rush out of the store, only to block other customers who are also trying to get out of the store by leaving your basket?

No comments: