Monday, July 03, 2006

Another dumb scammer.

So I get another email address for this guy who wants me to accept payments for him. Here is the email I received:




Dear Willie Brilliant,
Good Day, how you doing today, I want to thank you a lot for your time and support on this this project,I have just been informed this morning there has been a confirmation from our accounting department about some customers who are ready to make payment so please act accordingly as you receive this information.Please we want you to contact this CUSTOMER for mode of payment, so that you can inform us on how and when he is willing to release payment through you to us.

HERE IS MY CUSTOMER'S INFORMATION:
Customer Name : Mr. Paul Taylor
Tel :+1-403-708-3582
Email: taylorpaul100@yahoo.ca
Amount:$350.000.00

Now we would appreciate honesty and trustwothiness at this medium like we always tell all our agents because this is a huge amount being entrusted in your care.I would also appreciate if you contacted him as soon as possible and make him understand that you are Mr Aaron Brooks company assigned agent from HOLDER Co.Ltd that you were instructed to collect payment from him to our company.

Lastly, we want constant update on what goes on between the both of you from time to time so please do not fail to let me know.

Note that he is to pay you installmentally.

I hope you understand have a nice day and God bless.
I expect your reply soonest.

Regards
Aaron Brooks
Chief Accountant,
HOLDER COMPANYLIMITED.

-

Copyright 2000-2006 Holder Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.





Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
The most personalized portal on the Web!


The guy's email address is: holderco_ltd@excite.com. Now, if you want me to accept monies for your client, why not use your own email domain instead of a "public" one. I play along witht this guy and email his "customer" taylorpaul100@yahoo.ca

Here is Mr. Taylor's response:

thanx for your contack, kindly forward me your mailling address and your physical phone number where you can be reached

Paul,

I will be out of the office my secetary will contact you as well

paul



Bill
Brilliant wrote:

Good Afternoon,
I am a Mr Aaron Brooks company assigned agent from HOLDER Co.Ltd that you were instructed to collect payment from him to our company.
take care
Willie Brilliant


And he responses again with his point of contact:

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTACT, MY ACCOUNT OFFICER WILL GET ACROSS TO YOU, YOU MAY CONTACT HER AS WELL

NAME : DENISE THOMPSOM
EMAIL: denisethompson100@yahoo.com
Tel: 403-708-3582

keep me posted

Paul

Bill
Brilliant wrote:

Good Afternoon,
I am a Mr Aaron Brooks company assigned agent from HOLDER Co.Ltd that you were instructed to collect payment from him to our company.
take care
Willie Brilliant
How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger
s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Funny, The lady with denisethompson100@yahoo.com Yahoo profile was created 06/19/2006. Once again, two more "public emails". What is interesting is that now they have another party int he loop for these "payments". Perhaps they are trying to cover their tracks. The phone number listed is a Candian phone number. Interestingly enough, I have a hard enough time fighting Candian fraud.


Here is her response.



Dear Mr. Brilliant
I have been trying to reach you on the phone without luck.
My name is Denise Thompson. I have been contacted by Aaron Brooks who has instructed me to send payments to you.
Please kindly confirm the following to enable me to expedite action accordingly.
Bill Brilliant
202 Teasley
Kyle TX 78640
512-405-3560 - this number is not in service - please provide update
NAME: --------------------------------------
HOME ADDRESS:--------------------------------
PHONE: ------------------------------------------
EMAIL: -------------------------------------------

I await your response at your very earliest convenience.
REGARDS
Denise Thompson
403-708-3582

Dang! I cant put a fake number in there for her to call me. :) I guess I am glad the number is still disconnected.

Beware of phony offers like these. These morons are only after getting your money and disappearing into the night.


No comments: